Featured Post

I've Moved to WordPress

Announcement Hello, readers. You might notice that my old posts are in the process of deletion. Fear not! I have merely moved my blog ove...

Wednesday 10 May 2017

How to Get English (UK) Working on Windows 10 When It Breaks Settings Shortcuts

For a long while now, I've been putting up with English (US) as my Windows 10 display language on one of my laptops because every time I changed it to English (UK), the Settings search would break - Start Menu Settings results would be broken and the Settings app would keep saying that it was preparing results.

But today I finally managed to fix it. What you have to do (or what I did, at least) is change the display language to your preference (and apply it to all new user accounts and the Welcome screen), uninstall the last installed Windows system update, then restart.

~LP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a comment here. Please be respectful and do not spam.