Featured Post

The Last Cell In Excel

The Basics This post is going to be a bit of fun trivia about the great Microsoft Excel. From Excel 2007 onwards, Column XFD is the last ...

Wednesday, 10 May 2017

How to Get English (UK) Working on Windows 10 When It Breaks Settings Shortcuts

For a long while now, I've been putting up with English (US) as my Windows 10 display language on one of my laptops because every time I changed it to English (UK), the Settings search would break - Start Menu Settings results would be broken and the Settings app would keep saying that it was preparing results.

But today I finally managed to fix it. What you have to do (or what I did, at least) is change the display language to your preference (and apply it to all new user accounts and the Welcome screen), uninstall the last installed Windows system update, then restart.

~LP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a comment here. Please be respectful and do not spam.

Follow us on Google+