Featured Post

I've Moved to WordPress

Announcement Hello, readers. You might notice that my old posts are in the process of deletion. Fear not! I have merely moved my blog ove...

Friday 25 November 2016

Code Surprise

I spent most of today preparing a Tic-Tac-Toe game I made in Visual Basic a few years ago for publishing on my website. I figured it would just be a matter of adding a copyright footer and squashing a few bugs, but I actually received a bit of a shock when I looked at the source code.

Screenshot
Much of the code was repeated and so I spent a lot of the time moving parts of it into subroutines, creating variables and putting large slabs into much smaller loops.

I can honestly say that I think I managed to cut down about 500 lines of code.

It was quite a positive experience, however, as it showed me how much my programming skills have developed (pun intended) in the past few years. Mostly without me noticing.

~LP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a comment here. Please be respectful and do not spam.